1. Many people with developmental disabilities accept dental care when it's familiar, therefore, having a routine by using the same techniques at the same time and place every day might soothe fears or help eliminate problem behavior.
2. Technicians should make sure to get a new toothbrush for a client:
A. Every 3 months.
B. After a contagious illness.
C. When the bristles are worn.
D. All of the above.
3. When helping a client floss their teeth, where should flossing begin?
A. The lower front teeth.
B. The upper front teeth.
C. The lower back teeth.
D. The upper back teeth.
4. All of the following are true regarding latex allergies, except:
A. An allergic reaction can be life threatening.
B. People who have Down syndrome or who have had frequent surgeries are especially prone to developing an allergic reaction or a sensitivity to latex.
C. Schedule appointments for your latex-allergic or -sensitive patients at the beginning of the day when there are fewer airborne allergens circulating through the office.
D. Latex-free gloves and equipment should be used and an emergency medical kit should be kept handy.
5. Technicians should inspect the mouth after each meal or dose of medicine for people who pouch food.
Copyright © 2019 Psych Tech CEUs
Visit us at https://www.psychtechceus.com