1. The public institutions and service systems that are intended to provide services and supports to individuals are often themselves trauma-inducing.
2. How an individual _____ an event will contribute to whether or not it is experienced as traumatic.
B. Assigns meaning to
C. Is disrupted physically and psychologically by
D. All of the above
3. The long-lasting adverse effects of the event may:
A. Occur immediately
B. Have a delayed onset
C. Either (A) or (B)
D. None of the above
4. Which of the following is an example of an adverse effect of trauma?
A. An individual’s ability to cope with the normal stresses and strains of daily living.
B. An individual’s ability to trust and benefit from relationships.
C. An individual’s ability to manage cognitive processes, such as memory, attention, and thinking.
D. All of the above.
5. A trauma-informed approach seeks to resist re-traumatization of clients as well as staff.
6. All of the following are key principles for a trauma-informed approach, except for:
A. Emotional and mental retraining
B. Trustworthiness and transparency
C. Collaboration and mutuality
D. Empowerment, voice, and choice
7. Which of the key principles of a trauma-informed approach reflect staff as facilitators of recovery rather than controllers of recovery?
A. Trustworthiness and transparency
B. Collaboration and mutuality
C. Empowerment, voice, and choice
D. Emotional and mental retraining
8. What makes it unique to establishing a trauma-informed organizational approach is the:
A. Key principles
B. Trauma-specific content
C. Cross-walk with the key principles and trauma-specific content
D. None of the above
9. Which of the following is a key value and aspect of a trauma-informed approach that differentiates it from the usual approaches to services and care?
A. Progress monitoring and quality assurance.
B. Engagement and involvement of people in recovery, trauma survivors, people receiving services, and family members receiving services.
C. Cross sector collaboration.
D. Physical environment of the organization.
10. As long as a mental health clinician is trauma-informed, a referral to a trauma-insensitive program will not undermine the progress of the individual.
Copyright © 2019 Psych Tech CEUs
Visit us at https://www.psychtechceus.com