1. Obesity may increase the risk of which of the following conditions?
A. Cardiovascular disease
B. Type 2 diabetes mellitus
C. Chronic kidney disease
D. All of the above
2. Depression is more common among people who are obese than those who have a healthy weight.
3. Which of the following statements if most accurate?
A. Weight gain occurs when energy consumed in the diet is less than the energy used.
B. Research suggests that genes do not account for variability in BMI in any way.
C. Medications can lead to weight gain.
D. Individuals with behavioral health conditions typically have lower rates of obesity compared to the general population.
4. A health care professional meets with a 34-year-old male patient suffering from obesity. The patient indicates he is not ready to lose weight just yet but would like to begin the weight loss process in the next 6 months. According to the Stages of Change Model, what stage is the patient in?
5. Motivational interviewing is a client-centered, directive method for enhancing intrinsic motivation to change by exploring and resolving ambivalence.
6. A health care professional meets with a 29-year-old male patient interested in weight loss. The patient is 68 inches tall and weighs 180 lbs. Which of the following formulas should the health care professional use to calculate the patient's BMI?
A. BMI = weight (kg) / [height (in)]2 x 702
B. BMI = weight (lb) / [height (in)]2 x 703
C. BMI = weight (lb) / [height (cm)]2 x 708
D. BMI = weight (lb) / [height (CM)]2 x 709
7. A 42-year-old female patient presents with a BMI of 32.2. Based on the patient's BMI, the patient may be considered to be which of the following?
B. At a healthy weight
8. How many calories should a physically active 36-year-old male patient take in per day?
A. 1500-1800 total calories per day
B. 2000-2200 total calories per day
C. 2000-2400 total calories per day
D. 2400-3000 total calories per day
9. Research suggests that adults need at least 2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes) of moderate-intensity physical activity every week for health.
10. Lorcaserin is ordered for a 46-year-old male patient suffering from obesity. The patient has several questions regarding the use of lorcaserin. Which of the following counseling points should be included in the health care professional's response to the patient's questions?
A. Lorcaserin is a schedule III controlled substance.
B. Lorcaserin can cause neuropsychiatric side effects, including memory problems.
C. Prescribing information does not confirm that doses at greater than those recommended result in euphoria and hallucinations.
D. Hold one dose of lorcaserin if sedation occurs.
Copyright © 2019 Psych Tech CEUs
Visit us at https://www.psychtechceus.com